Nearly half of the dozens of attorneys I have interviewed on my GrowWithKara show are obtaining many of their new clients from social media.
Several are spending little to nothing to obtain those clients. Outlined below is the approach they are using, complete with links to their video explanations.
If you don’t have time to perform this work yourself, my team can provide a done-for-you social media marketing channel. Click here to schedule an explanatory appointment with me.
Kara Prior, Founder
11 steps to more clients
Step 1: Set up social pages. If you don’t already have them, establish Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok profiles using a memorable brand name. Ali Awad recording at 15:25, Robert Simon recording at 15:00 and 29:10, Miriah Soliz recording at 16:30, Marc Wasserman recording at 26:30.
Step 2: Ask friends and family members to follow you. Your posts will regularly remind them of the type of law you practice. Nima Etemadian recording at 18:50, Miriah Soliz recording at 28:15.
Step 3: Retain a video editor. Every attorney I’ve interviewed outsources their editing. Fiverr and Upwork list qualified freelance editors. Or you can use Canva to do it yourself. Kyle Newman recording at 30:20, Robert Simon recording at 22:50, Miriah Soliz recording at 8:30.
Step 4: Schedule a weekly video shoot. Because you need to post daily or close to it, you must commit to a regular shooting schedule. Plan on 2-3 hours initially, but you will get faster with practice. You don’t need to be a comedian to obtain large numbers of views. Kyle Newman recording at 12:20, Narimon Pishnamaz recording at 15:40.
Step 5: Outline multiple topics weekly. You should always be looking for topics. Following other attorney-marketers can provide inspiration. Answering common client questions is a good way to begin. Narimon Pishnamaz recording at 6:00,
Miriah Soliz recording at 3:20 and 14:55.
Step 6: Shoot multiple videos weekly. Using your phone, begin shooting at your scheduled time slot. Try to knock out 5-7 videos at each shoot, remembering that is okay to leave some bloopers in. Narimon Pishnamaz recording at 6:00, Miriah Soliz recording at 20:45.
Step 7: Shoot testimonial videos with happy clients. Ideally some will include a photo of you two holding a large check.
Ali Awad recording at 17:00, Tina Odjaghian recording at 14:50.
Step 8: Post one video every day. The more frequently you post, the better your results. You can use the same videos on multiple platforms. If you start with just one platform, make it Instagram. Ali Awad recording at 14:10, Narimon Pishnamaz recording at 10:45, Tina Odjaghian recording at 18:50, Miriah Soliz recording at 7:55.
Step 9: Boost the popular videos. Select your audience and target your location. “For $100 you can probably get 1,000 views.” Ali Awad recording at 26:05, 27:30, and 28:10, Miriah Soliz recording at 4:15, 5:25, 6:35, and 23:55.
Step 10: Stick with it for at least 6 months. Some of my interviewees received leads immediately, but others required several months. All eventually succeeded. Kyle Newman recording at 14:15, Narimon Pishnamaz recording at 23:00, Miriah Soliz recording at 15:35.
Step 11: Track your response and let your winners run. The strength of the social media marketing channel is that your inexpensively-boosted videos can keep pulling in followers and clients for years. Ali Awad recording at 52:00, Miriah Soliz recording at 7:00.
BUILD A ROBUST SOCIAL PRESENCE FOR YOU AND YOUR LAW PRACTICE
Roughly a third of the successful attorney-marketers I interview on my GrowWithKara show are obtaining many-to-most of their new clients from social media – primarily Instagram and Facebook.
Even better, they are spending small dollars to obtain those clients. But these attorneys and their assistants are devoting substantial hours to choosing topics, writing scripts, shooting videos, adding captions, boosting the best performers, and running ads.
Are you interested in building a robust social presence but short of time?
ONE HOUR A MONTH
After remotely shooting hundreds of lawyer videos, we have the process streamlined into an effective process that only requires you to once-a-month:
- Take 15 minutes to review our scripts and practice reading them aloud before our shoot
- Spend 45 minutes reading the scripts from our teleprompter while we virtually record
That’s it. You give us one hour/month and we will create a major social presence for you on multiple social platforms that includes:
– Robust profiles. If you don’t have profiles on the major social platforms, we will create them for you. If you do have them, we will add content, including story highlights with cover icons and names, and bio links to booklets and conversion pages.
– 100% supported. We mail you a ring light and phone stand. We then match you with a dedicated video director who will walk you through setup for your first shoot, send you scripts in advance, answer questions, and lead each subsequent monthly shoot.
– 4-5 weekly posts. Depending on your initial proficiency, each month we will shoot enough footage to post four or five videos every week. By your third or fourth shoot you should be able to sail through all the scripts and produce all the footage we need to post five days/week.
– Videos, not photos. Videos are more effective at driving views, likes, and comments than photos, so that is what we create for you. As you get more comfortable in front of the camera, your videos will become more varied.
– 4 major social platforms. We begin with Instagram and Facebook, and then add YouTube and TikTok. We stagger their addition so we can use previously-shot videos for most of the posts, while also custom-creating some tailored ones.
– Lead magnets plus. We periodically post ads offering educational booklets branded with your name and contact information. Clicking the ads takes viewers to tailored sales funnels which, after providing the booklets, suggest calling your firm and follows up with nurturing emails.
– Boosting on us. After a couple shoots, several of your videos should have generated substantial views. We put some of our money behind the popular ones, targeting the geographic areas you serve. This paid advertising will materially increase your follower count.
Affordable, low-risk, DFY service
Marketing Amplifier costs $1,495/month. There are no setup fees or other charges. You may cancel anytime after 3 months, which we need to show you the robust social presence we can deliver.
To learn more, watch my short video.